Listed by Christopher Von Trapp of Coldwell Banker Hickok And Boardman
Call Four Seasons Sotheby's International Realty Real Estate for more information.
3 bed / 3.0 bath / 2,244 sqft.
MLS #: 4470885
The stately sugar maples that tower over this center hall Colonial most certainly were planted by one of the early owners of this pastoral farmstead and no doubt have given up more than a few gallons of maple syrup "back in the day." It is no wonder this spot was chosen by the original settler with the open southern exposure and over 1200' of access on Otter Creek. True to the nature of this area of Vt, the river flows north to Rutland and eventually Lake Champlain and was no doubt used as a form of transportation to and from Wallingford's town center and north to Rutland. Today it provides respite from the heat on hot sultry summer days, long hours of lazy fishing and exploring by canoe or kayak. The farmstead outbuildings are as stout and solid as they day they were constructed and have been re-purposed for many uses. With a fully self-contained, charming one bedroom guest house this vintage farmstead offers all the modern conveniences for the extended family.
- Property Type: Single Family
- Acreage: 9.3
- Suitable Use: Agriculture, Bed and Breakfast, Farm - Horse/Animal, Field/Pasture
- Area: Rural, Valley
- Zoning: Residential-2
- Frontage Road: 750
- Development/Subdivision: 0
- Driveway: Crushed Stone, Gravel
- Roads: Paved, Public
- Lot description: Corner, Country Setting, Farm - Horse/Animal, Field/Pasture, Level, Mountain View, View, Water View, Waterfront
- State: VT
- Street: Us Route 7 South
- Building Number:
- Zip Code: 05773
- County: VT-Rutland
- Town: Wallingford
- Elementary School: Wallingford Elementary
- Junior High: Mill River Union High School
- High School: Mill River Union High School
- Square Feet: 2,244
- APX Fin Ag SqFt: 2,244
- Year Built: 1840
- Total Rooms: 10
- Bedrooms: 3
- Total Bathrooms: 3.0
- Full Baths: 2
- 3/4 Baths: 0
- 1/2 Baths: 1
- Foundation: Stone
- Property Style: Colonial, Historic Vintage
- Construction: Existing, Post and Beam
- Heating: Alternative Heat Stove, Hot Air, Stove - Gas
- Cooling: None
- Electric: 100 Amp, 150 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s)
- Sewer: Leach Field, Septic
- Heat Fuel: Gas - LP/Bottle, Oil
- Water Heater: Gas - LP/Bottle
- Cathedral Ceiling
- Ceiling Fan
- In-Law Apartment
- Laundry Hook-ups
- Master BR w/ BA
- Natural Woodwork
- Vaulted Ceiling
- Kitchen Size: 12'2" x 13'11"
- Dining Room Size: 12'9" x 16'7"
- Living Room Size: 12'10" x 16'1"
- Family Room Size: 14'3" x 18'7"
- Office/Study Size: 8'8" x 13'1"
- Master Bedroom Size: 13'2" x 13'10"
- Bedroom Size: 11' x 13'2"
- Bedroom Size: 13'2" x 13'10"
- Other Size: 5'7" x 13'1"
- Other Size: 8'11" x 13'7"
- Basement: Bulkhead, Crawl Space, Full, Stairs - Exterior, Stairs - Interior, Storage Space, Sump Pump, Unfinished
- Exterior Features: Barn, Deck, Fence - Full, Fence - Partial, Guest House, Outbuilding, Patio, Porch - Covered, Shed
- Roof: Shingle - Asphalt, Slate
- Exterior Color:
- Exterior: Clapboard, Wood
- Waterfront: Owned
- Water Body Name: Otter Creek
- Water Body Type: Creek
- Water Frontage: 1,258
- Accessibility Features: 1st Floor 1/2 Bathroom, 1st Floor Hrd Surfce Flr
- Garage: Storage Above
- Garage # Cars: 2
- Services: Cable
- Range - Gas
- Taxes: $7,408
The New England Real Estate Network provides Multiple Listing Services (MLS) in the States of New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Maine.
Copyright© 2016 The New England Real Estate Network. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this Site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated on 12/07/2016.