Listed by Tony Shaw of Kw Vermont
Call Four Seasons Sotheby's International Realty Real Estate for more information.
6 bed / 7.0 bath / 4,696 sqft.
MLS #: 4471946
The original home has 3 bed- rooms and 4 bathrooms, classic living room, library and large country kitchen/dining room with a wood burning stove and an office. The owners quarters in the North end of the home offer living/ dining space downstairs with a 3/4 bath and a cozy gas stove. Upstairs is a cozy den with a vaulted ceiling and 3 bedrooms with a full and half bath. Just outside is a covered country porch guest cottage, huge perfect gambrel roof barn and swimming pool looking out on conserved land, Shelburne Pond and surrounded by perennial gardens. John Elliot was born in Paisley, Scotland in 1800, set sail for America in 1829 to harvest hardwoods in the Vermont woods for charcoal. John built this stately Greek Revival home in 1865 where four generations of his family lived and worked the land. Now the home of Elliot House Bed & Breakfast welcoming people from all over the world to this quaint setting abutting 400 acres of Nature Conservancy land and Shelburne Pond.
- Property Type: Single Family
- Acreage: 6.2
- Suitable Use: Bed and Breakfast, Farm - Horse/Animal, Field/Pasture
- Area: Abuts Conservation, Rural, Valley
- Zoning: res/com
- Frontage Road: 500
- Development/Subdivision: 0
- Driveway: Gravel, Paved
- Roads: Paved, Public
- Lot description: Farm - Horse/Animal, Field/Pasture, Landscaped, Level, Mountain View, View, Walking Trails, Wooded
- State: VT
- Street: Dorset
- Building Number:
- Zip Code: 05482
- County: VT-Chittenden
- Town: Shelburne
- Elementary School: Shelburne Community School
- Junior High: Shelburne Community School
- High School: Champlain Valley UHSD #15
- Square Feet: 4,696
- APX Fin Ag SqFt: 4,696
- Year Built: 1865
- Total Rooms: 14
- Bedrooms: 6
- Total Bathrooms: 7.0
- Full Baths: 3
- 3/4 Baths: 3
- 1/2 Baths: 1
- Foundation: Stone
- Property Style: Colonial, Farmhouse, Greek Revival, Historic Vintage, Modified, Studio, w/Addition
- Construction: Existing, Post and Beam, Timber Frame, Wood Frame
- Heating: Alternative Heat Stove, Hot Air, Stove, Stove - 2, Stove - Gas, Stove - Wood
- Electric: 200 Amp, Circuit Breaker(s)
- Sewer: 1000 Gallon, Concrete, Leach Field, Private, Septic
- Heat Fuel: Gas - LP/Bottle, Oil, Wood
- Water Heater: Electric, Rented
- Cathedral Ceiling
- Dining Area
- Fireplaces - 1
- In-Law Apartment
- Laundry - 1st Floor
- Laundry Hook-ups
- Walk-in Pantry
- Window Treatment
- Kitchen Size: 12'6" x 10'
- Dining Room Size: 21'4" x 15'2"
- Living Room Size: 15' x 15'
- Family Room Size: 15' x 13'8"
- Office/Study Size: 14' x 15'2"
- Utility Room Size: 8' x 12'
- Master Bedroom Size: 14'8" x 14'
- Bedroom Size: 12' x 11'8"
- Bedroom Size: 13'8" x 10'8"
- Bedroom Size: 15'2" x 15'
- Bedroom Size: 14'8" x 14'1"
- Den Size: 17'6" x 15'6"
- Other Size: 14'8" x 13'2"
- Other Size: 19'8" x 13'2"
- Other Size: 13'2" x 11
- Basement: Bulkhead, Concrete, Dirt, Stairs - Interior, Unfinished
- Exterior Features: Barn, Basketball Court, Fence - Full, Fence - Partial, Guest House, Other, Outbuilding, Pool - In Ground, Porch - Covered, ROW to Water, Shed, Window Screens, Windows - Storm
- Roof: Metal, Shingle - Architectural, Slate, Standing Seam
- Exterior Color: Yellow
- Exterior: Aluminum, Clapboard, Wood
- Accessibility Features:
- Garage: Auto Open, Barn, Storage Above
- Garage # Cars: 2
- Services: Cable, Internet - Cable
- Mini Fridge
- Range - Gas
- Stove - Gas
- Taxes: $15,631
The New England Real Estate Network provides Multiple Listing Services (MLS) in the States of New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and Maine.
Copyright© 2016 The New England Real Estate Network. All rights reserved. This information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate displayed on this Site comes in part from the IDX Program of NEREN. The information being provided is for consumers personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Data last updated on 10/25/2016.